Saturday, August 23, 2008

i love paris

how lovely to have patrick meet me at the airport as i returned to the city of lights. while i thought the drive into the city was a bit unnerving, he said paris was all but empty through the holiday month of august so this congestion was nothing by comparison. we immediately got down to the business of catching up by strolling through le marais and st. germain with requisite cafe stops along the way. following a yummy persian dinner at a restaurant overlooking the centre georges pompidou, i hopped on the metro to meet my home exchange partners elsa and enrique who were also just arriving in paris for a week's holiday.

next day, i bid elsa adieu and met patrick for a full day of ambling about in paris' various quartiers. he took me to one of his favourite restaurants for dinner (le temps des cerises) where anarchists from the '68 riots run the place as a coop. tres interessant!

for my final full day in paris, again more strolling with patrick. this place and its history is fannnntastic! could definitely have stayed on a little longer to breathe it in but home calls and along with it my kitties poirot and zazie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there with you; hopefully another time. Guess you are home now, ready???? to go back to normal life!
Thanks for message, will keep you posted.MCL