Wednesday, August 6, 2008

key to my heart...or at least to the front door!

before having my senses fully about me this morning, i ran out to pick up some breakfast fruit only to realize i´d left my keys in the house. knowing that one half of my exchange partners is minding my pad in toronto while the other half is 300 km away in zaragoza, i just knew this would happen.

luckily, gary was still inside the house but fast asleep. i located his window in the apartment building and looked about for a projectile to slipshot at it. there were no pebbles to be found so old cherry pits would have to do instead.

after calling gary´s name and assailing the window for a good 5 minutes, the neighbouring apartment´s window whipped open and some guy´s head popped out. in the split second it took me to look over, i suspected i´d upset a night owl´s beauty sleep and was in for an earful. but when the face registered, i realized to my surprise that it was gary´s sleepy face. so...who´s window had i been pelting with old sun-bleached cherry pits?! lucky for me noone was home!

what with gary leaving tomorrow, i know i won´t be doing that again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finalement, Roger n'est pas seul à inventer des situations cocasses. Je ne peux que l'en remercier. Ça m'a bien aidé, je l'avoue, à rédiger mon journal quotidien sur le camino en 2007.

Y.B.

Anonymous said...

Cherries always cherries I need to publish the picture of you in Monistrol swallowing the fruit with so much pleasure!!!