Sunday, June 15, 2008

pie, Pie and MORE PIE!

sunday morning i awoke feeling verrrry excited. jumped out of bed and set out in search of a cafe au lait. the locals weren't quite as keen as i for the streets were all but deserted at 7.30 am...except for this one little bakery where the lineup extended outside the premises and right around the block.

bakeries are to paris as banks are to north american cities in their corner real estate monopoly of major intersections. call it a lifestyle choice if you will. i call it a good thing. how the other two bakeries manage to eek out a living with the grand pubah of quality baked goods sitting pretty across the street remains a mystery to me. well, "when in rome", so they say.

was a 20 minute lineup worth the wait? let me tell you about the palette-tickling chevre quiche with a mixed berry torte chaser! ho ho, that's it. i'm packing my bags and calling paris home. more specifically, i am moving directly above that rocking bakery. though hmmmmm...on second thought, my anticipated volume of quiche and pie consumption might prove an issue to the structural integrity of the building. note to self: give further thought to a sound pie strategy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well a little late in doing some reading but here I am and of course I had to comment on this little piece of heaven...oh how I wish I could have tasted it...sounds heavenly
bon chance and bon voyage mon amie

Lxo