Monday, July 7, 2008

a little rain on one's parade does not a catastrophe make!

arrived at the gite in uzan only to find i was their sole visitor and there was no possibility of food. luckily i had some bread and tea. i soaked in my first bath in a month. quel luxe supreme! here i was in the middle of nowhere in moo country with the perfume of manure thick in the air...but i had an internet connection! yes virginia, there is a santa claus!

rain. big rain. wrath of god biblical deluge and the whole rang-a-dang-dang. so much so that i found myself procrastinating this morning and finally had to kick myself out the door. the first half hour was plain silly as i hopscotched my way across fields, lifting my legs high to avoid the flooded weeds. when finally i conceded that it was a losing battle, i felt nothing less than liberated. whether mud holes or ankle-deep puddles, i was now free to plow through dead centre and raise my head to enjoy my surroundings. so what's a couple of pruny wet feet? it's a lovely day in the countryside.

No comments: