Saturday, July 19, 2008

village in a city

set out today on a mondo walk around the city. left with a general idea of the direction i wanted to head in but was hoping for an aimless wander. the idea was to let my feet take me where they would and see where that would land me.

i hadn´t left my front door more than a few minutes when i came across a fantastic find! i am located in san andreu which was a small village on the outskirts of barcie over a century ago. since then, the city grew and like an enormous sandbank engulfing a house in its path, the village was absorbed into the city. however, the village square remains as gorgeous as it was many years ago. you´d swear you were in a small village in the middle of nowhere in northern spain! i´ve a feeling this will become my regular morning coffee spot sitting out on a terrace watching the world go by in the square.

No comments: